Beam Steel Structures
Levstal is a company engaged in the production of beam steel structures for more than 29 years. During this time, we gained tremendous experience, reliable partners and loyal customers. We provide our customers with beam structures from steel that meet standards and requirements.
Steel beam structures are bar-shaped steel products used in construction. They perform the function of a supporting element in frame structures: it ensures the stability of the entire structure. The safety and durability of the structure depend on its quality. Therefore, when purchasing beams, you must carefully choose a supplier. We produce different steel beams structures using S235, S355, S690 grades of steel.
Steel beams structures we produce:
- Flat bars
- Square bars
- IPE beams
- INP beams
- Hea beams
- Heb beams
- Round bars
- Cold drawn round bars
Steel beams structures are classified according to several criteria:
- By the thickness of the main elements – the thickness, the size and texture of the walls and shelves of the beam is taken into account;
- According to the profile of the faces — their configuration is taken into account — a metal beam construction can have shelves with or without a slope (that is, parallel to each other);
- By the type of production – beams are cold and hot rolled, as well as welded;
- In scope – structural aluminum beams (I-beam) are ordinary, columned, and special (for the construction of ceilings, pavement, wide-shelving).
Steel support beam in apartment buildings
The longer the girders, the stronger support they need. Thus longer metal beams intended for massive loads should be equipped with steel beam support posts. Steel posts or main vertical supports are supposed to be dug-in, unlike the steel pole support which can be placed at different angles. From the structure perspective, both types are related to steel support columns or a support pillar.
Steel support post types
We distinguish two kinds of steel structural support posts — a single-piece column and a multiple-piece one. Applying incorrect types of support posts causes usually the whole build damage. The steel support column is intended to spread the weight-load evenly; mostly it’s used to transfer the weight of the building onto the footing.
Single-piece posts should be used permanently and it’s one end is to be cemented-in when the other – connected with support columns.
Multiple-piece columns are being used temporarily when jacking operations are done, the permanent column must be installed instead of the temporary one.
Advantages of beam steel structures from Levstal
Metal support beams can withstand significant loads, but this is not the only feature of the product that makes it so popular in construction. The bearing element has a number of advantages:
- High strength – allows you to reduce the load on the structure as a whole
- Resistance to fire, chemicals, and also atmospheric phenomena
- Easy installation and maintenance – this is due to the design features of the product
- Reducing the metal consumption of the structure as a whole due to the optimally selected beam section, etc.